Some may already know all about this, but for those joining in the saga a bit later, I’ve once again started working on what was my thesis film for CalArts, Beastly Things. This has meant getting used to drawing the main character again (above), and doing more serious style tests than I had done before about the final look for the film. (I have quite a bit animated from when I was at school, but almost none of that is brought to a finalized, colored level.)
Now, there is no way I would cel shade the actual animation, as post is already a nightmare, but I lazily slapped some on here for effect. So far, things are going well, though slowly, as I re-approach what feels like a Sisyphean task. Animation, baby!
an aged clifford and emily elizabeth
aka clifford fan art???
I’m sorry I had to
had to be done
In no special order, and only because they were fun to write…also, the Six don’t count!
TWELVE BROTHERS IN SILK
SHAUNA AND FERDIE
Those are the ones off the top of my head. Someone asked me by fan mail and it won’t reblog for some reason. :)
Oh gosh, there was some moment this weekend where I was watching a movie with a slim, pale, eloquent villain (I watched both Star Trek Into Darkness and The Avengers this weekend and I honestly cannot fucking remember which one it was) and they said something with the same cadence and basic meaning as “THEY DIE OR YOU DIE. THEY DIE OR YOU DIE. THEY DIE OR YOU DIE.” and I just stopped thinking about anything in the movie and thought about how terrifying Junior was for a while.
Doug (McBride, of Cyan and Rivenguild fame) and I invited Rand Miller out to talk to our team as part of a Microsoft speaker series, and I made a point to have him sign the Myst book replica that Dan made for me.
I am… I am a happy camper.
I just rewatched this the other day after a really long time not having seen it and I noticed that every 10-15 minutes before the park all goes to hell, you hear Sam Jackson in the background politely informing people the last boat off the island leaves at 1700 or something, and everyone should be getting ready to leave the island. And I couldn’t help thinking if he’d just made those announcements as Sam Jackson, we could have avoided a lot of tragedy.
QUIT PLAYING WITH MOTHERFUCKING DINOSAURS AND GET YOUR motherfucking ASS on the MOTHERFUCKING boat MOTHERFUCKERS
Hey music fans! Choirfly will be doing an informal show next Wednesday at 7:30pm in Central Park! We’ll be starting at 8th ave & 59th Street (near Columbus Circle) and merrily singing while walking until we find the perfect spot for an intimate concert.
Come one, come all!
Brave the burning daystar to see me sing!
JL8 #125 by Yale Stewart
Based on characters in DC Comics. Creative content © Yale Stewart.
Like the Facebook page here!
Hey guys! So, I’ll be straight with you. It looks like I need a new car. That being said, I wanted to remind everyone about my creator-owned comic for sale over on Gumroad. It’s a digital, 32 page PDF, and you choose what to pay for it. If some of you would be so kind to at least go give it a look, it’d be much appreciated! There’s a link above, but here’s another!
Pick up the first issue of my creator-owned comic here.
From the creators of Bastion, comes the announcement of their new project scifi action RPG titled Transistor [x]
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE ABHORSEN CHRONICLES:
- BADASS FEMALE PROTAGONISTS: from Sabriel the prefect of an all-girls school to Lirael a shy librarian both of whom turn into duty-bound zombie killing soldier priests who rescue princes and battle necromancers and fight against what is effectively a trapped god, you can keep your Hermione’s and Katniss Everdeen’s thanx (and can we just talk about how the girls in the school TOTALLY JUMP INTO HELP THE SOLDIERS AGAINST KERRIGOR DESPITE KNOWING THEY’RE PROBABLY GOING TO DIE??)
- INCREDIBLE WORLD BUILDING: set in two neighbouring kingdoms - one resembling 1930’s britain the other a medieval fantasy realm that’s fallen into anarchy plagued by Death NOT TO MENTION the world-weary soldiers manning the wall who are sick of your necromantic bullshit
- TALKING ANIMAL COMPANIONS: not as cheesy as you think, since one is a sarcastic cat spirit who is scary as fuck when his true form is revealed and the other a wizened grandmotherly-like dog who rips out undead throats
- COOL MAGIC: though it’s complicated it isn’t once confusing and you can’t beat dual sword-and-bell wielding, bells that can land you into death modeled after the Egyptian afterlife
- GREAT CHARACTERS AND DEVELOPMENT: all the characters are forced to carry a duty and some succeed whilst others don’t but that’s okay because being born into a society doesn’t necessarily mean you belong there
- GOOD ROMANCE: it’s subtle and forged out of friendship and trust and doesn’t define any of the characters or control any of the events in the story
- NEW BOOKS COMING SOON: including Clariel which is a prequel based on Chlorr of the Mask WHO WAS AN ABHORSEN WHO TURNED EVIL!! like how awesome does that sound give me all the downward spirals for female necromancers AND there’s apparently going to be a sequel to the series too!!
- POSSIBLE FILM IN THE MAKING: which means if you wanna get on that fandom first get on it now
- IT’S JUST REALLY GREAT?? despite it being marketed as a YA book it’s still riveting and mature enough for older audiences (I think I might appreciate it more now that I’m older tbh) just UNF
NEW ABHORSEN BOOKS OMG
Page 3 of 57